Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Finally, another post from General Assembly

Well, so I promised to blog every day, and . . . oops . . . I have not. I've put a lot of things on Facebook, but by the end of these LONG days, I mostly want to REST! My committee, Church Polity and Ordered Ministry, spent a day and a half going over all the overtures submitted to our committee. It is so rewarding to see the careful attention that ruling and teaching elders put into considering the merits of proposed actions. Everyone doesn't "win" but everyone has a voice.

We are now back in the plenary part, where the whole body of commissioners will consider what we will do with what the committees have referred back to us. You can follow all the action at pc-biz.org. We spend much time in prayer and in song. I hope you will all remember that General Assembly is not "them," it is "us." We are all here because our presbyteries put faith in us to discern God's will as we debate together. Pray that we hear the Holy Spirit.

This is Jordan Phillips from Pulaski Pres. and me.

No comments: